Our 2nd annual Coffee for a Cure hosted by our ISF Lake Norman chapter was a huge success. Thank you to the 250 men and women who attended and the sponsors and local businesses who gave time and money to this event. This event served as a call to action in the fight against pediatric cancer and to educate community members on the importance of bringing pediatric cancer treatments home to Charlotte. We were able to raise $35,000 and donations have continued to come in. These funds bring us one step closer to our 2017 $1,000,000 fundraising goal to fund the creation of a MIBG room at Levine Children’s Hospital.
Our Lake Norman chapter could not put on such a wonderful event if it wasn’t for the support of our community businesses who help us through their sponsorship. It is through their passion for charitable giving and making a local impact that we are able to continue Isabella’s fight. Thank you to the following businesses:
- Joerns Healthcare
- Lineberger Orthodontics
- Champions Sports Performance
- Southlake Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Coupa Software
During the event, we introduced our new major gift society, called The Three Wish Circle, with an annual gift of $5000 or more, donors can take their support of the ISF mission to the next level by funding more research for childhood cancer and help to bring innovative treatment options to our local community. If you have questions or want to know more about how to take your support to the next level, contact our ISF Development Director, Tia Wackerhagen.
We cannot begin to put words to how grateful that we are for the impact you are helping us make, thank you for your support.. We are so proud of what we have accomplished together and it is because of YOU. We could not do this alone and could not continue our fight without your help. We humbly thank each of you and look forward to a world with no more cancer where we will beat cancer, grow hair and live the dreams of all children fighting the fight.
We appreciate Local Scroll Charlotte for capturing the event, view all photos of the 2017 Lake Norman Coffee for a Cure.
We talk a lot about our $1 MILLION goal this year. Dr. Javier Oesterheld, Levine Children’s Hospital head pediatric oncologist, and Isabella’s mom were on NBC Charlotte this week to discuss the new state-of-the-art MIBG room at Levine’s that will help families with kids facing cancer. Charlotte will be one out of 20 hospitals in the country that will be able to offer this to patients.
What is a MIBG, why does it need a room and why is it so expensive? Read More…
Back again! The ISF youth t-shirt designs we received last year were so cute… we have to do it again. Kids ages 5-12 years old are invited to submit an original logo design for the Isabella Santos Foundation 5K/10K race event. The winning logo design will be feature on t-shirts given to all YOUTH participants at the ISF 5k/10K event. Thank you Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. for sponsoring the ISF Kids T-Shirt Design contest for a second year!
This year we were super excited to have our favorite art studio, Small Hands Big Art, host a T-Shirt Design Workshop last week to kick off the contest. We were also super excited that it filled up immediately. Many creative and cute designs came to life and now we are opening the contest up for emailed entries. This being our 10th Anniversary, we are looking for a design that reflects that significance! Parents- this is the perfect time to talk to your child about ISF, about kids fighting cancer and get them excited about participating in the 5K/10K/Fun Run event on September 30th!
The deadline for entries is Monday, August 28th. Email scanned design to: email@example.com
- Ages 5-12
- Design must be drawn by hand
- Design must include one of the following elements:
- ISF Girl
- The number 10 (10th)
- The World (earth)
- Design must be drawn on a piece of plan white paper, 8 1/2 x 11
- T-shits will be a shade of purple
- Deadline for entries is Monday, August 28th.
LAST YEARS DESIGN SUBMISSIONS
- 4 volunteers still needed
- Will be an entertaining evening
- Must be 21+ years
- Details & sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0448a4a92ea6fa7-isfisbeneficiary
- ALL volunteers will get a t-shirt, a voucher for a bottle of wine from Treehouse Vineyards, and a swag bag!!
- Treehouse Vineyards Heritage Festival Station Volunteer: Email Torie if you are interested in volunteering at the various festival stations (i.e grape stomping, wine glass polishing, registration, etc…): firstname.lastname@example.org
- ISF Raffle and Ticket Volunteer: Email Karen if you are interested in selling raffle tickets & working our raffle table. ISF will need 4 Volunteers each shift: email@example.com
- 1st Shift: 1:00 – 4:00 PM -FULL
- 2nd Shift: 3:00 – 6:00 PM – still need 1-2 volunteers
- ISF has committed to filling 15 volunteer slots at the Race 13.1 Charlotte race on 9/24/17.
- Scroll down & sign up under “Aid Station #2 – Isabella Santos Foundation” here: https://race131.com/races/race-13-1-charlotte-nc/volunteer