Purpose of Position
The Development Manager is an integral part of the Advancement team and is enthusiastically focused on raising support, funding and building relationships for the Isabella Santos Foundation. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the full development team to create new opportunities for success while growing effective, established individual giving programs. This person is responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating an organization-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes cultivation, recognition and stewardship of individual donors at all levels and provides the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program.
ISF Mission & Objectives
It was Isabella’s dream to Beat Cancer, Grow Hair, and Live Her Dreams. Although research and advanced treatments didn’t come in time for her dreams to come true, Isabella’s legacy is pushing us to give other kids fighting, a chance against rare childhood cancer.
ISF is dedicated to improving rare pediatric cancer treatment options in an effort to increase survival rates of kids with cancer. Over the course of fifteen years, ISF has funded nearly $7 million toward expanding the scope of research and treatment and supporting families dealing with cancer in a variety of ways.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of ISF’s Annual Giving program (direct mail, in-kind donations, workplace giving, social media, and online giving)
- Collaborates with Executive Director to establish goals and objectives towards an annual campaign Cultivates and stewards gifts from individuals by maintaining frequent contact with current donors and developing new relationships with prospects
- Directly manage and grow a portfolio of individual donors contributing $1,000-$50,000 annually
- Ensureproper donor acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship
- Oversees special stewardship projects including: follow up letters after VIP events, holiday card mailings, invitations to special events, personal calls, etc.
- Works with the Development team to develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth, including new donor onboarding
- Oversees research of individual donor and capturing of prospect information
- Partners with the Marketing team to assist in the creation of external content and collateral for fundraising, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations
- Organize constituency segmentation and solicitation appeal levels
- Provide support for all fundraising-related events as needed
- Develop strategy to utilize special events to connect and grow existing and new relationships with individual donors and corporate partners
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising or stewardship experience in the non-profit field.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Flexible, reliable, mature team player who thrives in a remote environment
- Able to multi-task and adapt to continually changing priorities and needs
- Capable of thinking out of the box, offering creative ideas and solutions
- Possess positive, “can do” attitude