ISABELLE’S DREAM TEAM – 2015
By Tom Patania
On March 9th, we unveiled the details for Isabella’s Dream Team – 2015. This date was picked specifically because it would have been Isabella’s 10th birthday. Not only is she the Founder of ISF, she is the inspiration behind this team. Our focus is about Isabella, and following her dream of creating a world with “no more cancer.” We continue the fight for her and the many children that are also battling cancer.
Last year, in our inaugural year, the team was filled with passionate and selfless individuals that came together to surpass our wildest expectations. The 2014 team raised $34,000. This program continues to be a volunteer based, grassroots effort without the high overhead of a large charity. We ask each participant to fundraise a minimum of $500 (but our hope is that each will shoot for much more than that). What we lack in advertising dollars we make up for with heart and community.
“Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – Shakespeare
This year each athlete has a choice. We will be training for two races: Rock N Roll Savannah (Nov 7th) or Thunder Road (Nov 14) half or full marathons. With this being a volunteer effort, we ask that each participant sign up for their race of choice. Our hope is that the athletes that choose to run RnR Savannah will take part in supporting and cheering for those that are running Thunder Road, and to support our Charlotte community. The ISF10K/5K for Kids Cancer (Sept 26th) will be a part of our training program, so each team member will want to sign up for that race as well.
Official team training will start the week of July 13th and training schedules will be available for both distances. Included in the training schedule will be speed & hill workouts (Blakeney area) and Saturday long runs (various locations – early morning). I highly encourage all of you to attend as many team runs as possible.
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK
- Email Coach Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org with which race and distance you’re interested in and your t-shirt size.
- Create your First Giving fundraising page by selecting: Isabella’s Dream Team 2015
- Be sure to make this page personal. We do not ask you to cover the difference if you cannot hit $500. We only ask for your best effort.
- Register for your race and distance: RnR Savannah or Thunder Road
- Get Social: tag five friends to let your network know you’ll be running with us this summer.