As a nonprofit… we are scared. But we aren’t alone. Over this uncertain period of time, we all need to share ways we can come together, share ideas to help those around us and share simple gestures to spread kindness and smiles during a very challenging time. We are taking our Beat. Grow. Live mantra past the cancer space and challenge everyone help our neighbors. We are in this together and will #beatgrowlive.
If you have ideas or already on some volunteer projects with your kids… we want to hear about them!
- Spread Love: Post a picture of your favorite nurse, doctor or child life specialist with a note of how much you appreciate them. We are all hunkering down at home, but those who care for us are working day and night. A little extra love and smiles go a long way. We love our LCH family and want them to know how much their passion means to us.
- Donate Blood: if you are healthy and able, drop into your local Oneblood donor center to help replenish the quickly depleting blood supply in your community. Find a donor center near you.
- Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte: Make a donation to help cover the added cost of meals and other house operations during this time of heightened need. Unfortunately, they have had to halt their volunteer meal teams who cook dinner at the house for the families, but are open to having catered meals delivered. If your business or small group wants to support in this way, contact them to coordinate. At the same time, you would be helping a local restaurant.
- Support local small businesses: To make it easy, @blackwednesday & @hygge have created an online network where people can engage with local Charlotte businesses remotely… exclusive discounts + safe , minimal contact ways to receive your purchase. Many of these small businesses have done so much for non profits in our community, now it’s time to do the same for them. The online community includes retail, breweries, restaurants & more. supportlocalorelse.com
- Order takeout from Jersey Mikes through their app. Double your take out and drop it off on the doorstep of your favorite elder, first responder or a family in need. Download Jersey Mike’s App
- Reach out to other local Charlotte nonprofits like Claire’s Army and Go Jen Go. These organizations provide direct assistance to cancer families. Inquire if they have any immediate family needs. Clairesarmy.org & gojengo.org
We will all get through this trying time. Many of us are feeling alone. But the good news is even though we are alone, we are together. In times like these, we tend to see the true heroes emerge and the genuine kindness of humanity. Let’s pull together to support each other.
Our team is choosing to do good in whatever way we can. We are choosing to help our community and to Beat Grow Live.
💜 Much Love,