The ISF Skinny
in partnership with ScoopCharlotte.com
Phew. March was a whirlwind, but what a great month celebrating Isabella with two incredible community partners, CBCC and Jersey Mike’s! You helped us impact up to 717 lives with blood donations and bring in over $167,000 worth of subs at Jersey Mikes! We are now knee deep into planning our May events and campaigns and can’t wait to share what all our May will be about!
We are so excited… our new website look and feel is now live, and we are working on additional improvements. It literally just went live in the last 12 hours, if you see something that needs to be fixed… we are working on it! Poke around and let us know what you think!
With spring finally in full force, many of us will be taking a little downtime with our families over the next two weeks for spring break, so we might be a little quieter than normal.
Check back monthly and get THE SKINNY on what’s happening in and around the foundation.
Executive Director Dish
March is always a big one for us here at ISF. Isabella’s 14th birthday would have been March 9th and each year we try to think of new ways to honor her but also do it in a way that is respectful of the day. I’m always anti-birthday cake and a Happy Birthday song on that day and as many of you know – I stay far away to preserve my own heart. I personally always think blood drives are the way to go. What better way to honor a life, than to give a life?
Our relationship with the Community Blood Center (which will be changing their name to “One Blood”, but same community mission and same team) is stronger than ever. One of the big things I’m working on this year is defining the meaning of PARTNERSHIP. I saw a quote once that has just stuck with me…
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Watch For It
With our new website re-design, we have moved to a new Events Calendar View, where you can view both ISF and Partner events on a monthly calendar. Click on the event interested in and you will be directed to all the details.
May is full of events for you to get involved in personally or as a business. We are changing up the format of our spring events, please reach out if you would like to be part of them!
- Duke Mansion Garden Coffee & Cocktails, May 15 & 16
- May Day Coffee, May 22
Thank you to our local community businesses who jumped on board with ISF in March. Your support is so important and we love the relationships we are building with each of these businesses:
Smiles For LifeApril 10 @ 8:00 am - June 28 @ 5:00 pmCharlotte Center for Cosmetic Dentistry
Pediatric Cancer EventApril 27 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmThe Dixie Pig Tega Cay
Scoop’s Mother’s Day Sip and ShopMay 8 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$10.00 - Providence Plastic Surgery & Skin Center
ISF Duke Mansion Coffee & CocktailsMay 15 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
ISF May Day CoffeeMay 22 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
ISF Charlotte 5K/10K/Fun RunSeptember 28 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
There are so many ways to help us in our mission of fighting rare pediatric cancer. We can’t do what we do without you helping us share, spread, introduce and believe. Jump in, be part of it…
- Join our May Garden Events as a participant or sponsor/partner
- Create a fundraiser for your business, get creative! Thank you to Providence Plastic Surgery for raising over $4,200 in February and Melting Pot for raising over $5,600 in March! Incredible that two businesses raised almost $10,000 for rare pediatric cancer!
- Purchase Cancer Messed With gear. Bulk orders available with the ability to customize your message. Oncology groups have purchased to wear as part of their uniforms with scrubs. Nonprofits have ordered for their team and families have bought to support as a group. Proceeds benefit ISF.
- Add your name to our Volunteer database. We are always in need of individuals (or groups) who are willing to volunteer their time.
- Sign up for ScoopCharlotte.com (ISF Skinny Media Partner) to get the latest on what’s happening in Charlotte like Half Price Wine Nights in Charlotte.