The ISF Skinny
In partnership with ScoopCharlotte.com
It’s been nice that things have slowed down a bit over the summer! But, summer will be soon over and September starts our nuttiest time of the year. We are busy preparing for our 5K/10K For Kids Cancer event and its NEW BRUNCH experience, planning an unforgettable Pumpkin Charity Ball at the Ritz Carlton, Charlotte and getting ready to bring you inspiring stories for Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month. We hope you will run with us, dance with us and follow along as we bring action to this ugly monster called cancer.
Executive Director Dish
For those of you who have been with us for a while now, you know our fall is the shizzle. We do everything we can to make our flagship event bigger and better each year … with intention. I personally love the our 5K/10K race more than any event we do because it is where it all started, which was with Isabella. I remember how excited she was as the event was approaching. In Isabella style, she would always seem to relapse in August, which meant year after year, our volunteers, friends and loved ones would step up and put on an event to remember for her. Some years she could run it with hair that could barely be pulled back into pig tails and some years she was pulled in a red wagon, chubby from the steroids of a recent brain relapse. What I loved year after year was seeing the people who made this foundation what it is today.
Watch For It
PINHOUSE FUNDRAISING EVENT: Your Dink. We Donate. Join us Saturday, August 17 at the newly opened Pinhouse located in Plaza Midwood. Pinhouse features 72 self-pour taps throughout their 2-story taproom and four duckpin bowling lanes in the basement. A portion of beer and bowling sales will be donated to the Isabella Santos Foundation to help fight pediatric cancer here in Charlotte. More Details Here
5k/10K FOR KIDS CANCER: We have hadded BRUNCH to our 12th annual event. And we aren’t talking about bacon and eggs. We are talking about a no joke kind of brunch thanks to Firebirds + Tito’s Vodka + NoDa Brewing!
Register here: 5kforkidscancer.com. Thank you to our sponsors:
- Presenting: Red Ventures
- Brunch: Firebirds + Tito’s Vodka + NoDa Brewing
- Fun Run: Atrium Health’s Levine Children’s Hospital
- Medal: OneBlood
- Kid’s T-Shirt: Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat
- Platinum: Lending Tree, Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation
- Gold: Small Hands Big Heart, Scoopcharlotte.com, Northwood, Modern Nissan of Lake Norman, MassMutual Carolinas, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Brighthouse Financial
- Silver: Arborscapes, Burger 21, College Sitters, CPI Security, Dickens Mitchener, ESP, Soccer Shots, Tom Bush Law Group, TowneBank, YMCA, Three Leaf Orthodonics, RSM, HotWorx
PUMPKIN CHARITY BALL: Our 2nd annual event is scheduled for October 26, 2019 at The Ritz Carlton, Charlotte. We promise to enchant and inspire all who attend. Drinks, dinner, silent and live auction and dancing! Details & Tickets
Ways you can help us this month… we need your help in spreading awareness to SPARK action.
- Help us create unforgettable auctions at our upcoming events. Sports tickets, vacation experiences, restaurant gift cards, spa goodness… we can’t make this successful without your help! Check out our #WishWednesday list on the easy ways to help (updated every Wednesday) or contact Erica if you want to chat about other donations.
- Create a team for our ISF 5K/10 for Kids Cancer. Friends, co-workers, youth groups, nonprofits… always more fun to run together. You can create and name your team when you register at 5kforkidscancer.com or contact us and we can help get your team up and running for your group.
- Become a sponsor for our 5K/10K For Kids Cancer Event. With our new Run & Brunch addition, you don’t want to miss being involved. Multiple sponsor levels are available. Contact Karen to discuss opportunities.
- Share our posts & help us get more people to our race! Next week we will start giving you sneak peaks of yummy brunch details and kids zone fun… help us share from our Instagram & Facebook.
- Purchase Cancer Messed With gear. Bulk orders available with the ability to customize your message. Oncology groups have purchased to wear as part of their uniforms with scrubs. Nonprofits have ordered for their team and families have bought to support as a group. 50% of proceeds benefit pediatric cancer research.
- Add your name to our Volunteer database. With our biggest event of the year coming up, 5K/10K For Kids Cancer, we will need all kinds of volunteers! to bring a fun time for everyone.