Now Accepting Summer Volunteer Intern Applications
Isabella Santos Foundation is accepting applications for Summer Volunteer Interns. Application Deadline is Wednesday, May 21st.
Position: ISF Summer Volunteer Intern
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 21st
Isabella Santos Foundation is looking for high school & college students to participate in our 2021 Summer Internship Program. This VOLUNTEER internship program provides students with a unique opportunity to learn about and have hands-on experience in a leading Charlotte non-profit environment. Participating interns will have the opportunity to work in a team-based environment with the primary goal of creating awareness and raising funds for pediatric cancer.
Last year our Summer Intern Class was an integral part in helping make 2020 a historic year for ISF, as we gave away just over $1 Million to support our mission. A different kind of internship, working in teams to creatively compete, fundraise and have fun to make a difference for kids fighting cancer. Although this is primarily a remote position, there will be opportunities for individual teams to meet together in their small groups.
VOLUNTEER INTERN OVERVIEW
- June 15 – Aug 1 Program
- Volunteer position (with ability to fulfill service hours)
- Min 10 hrs/week
- Able to work as part of a team to complete weekly challenges/assignments
- Able to attend video meeting with the larger intern class & ISF team 2x/month
- Attend weekly team meetings as required by team leader
- Comfortable with friendly competition and fundraising
- Raise awareness for pediatric cancer through creative marketing and fundraising
- Learn from peers at both high school and college level
- Increase experience working in a team-building environment
- You DO NOT have to live in Charlotte to participate
- Feel good knowing you are helping impact kids with cancer
- Must be a rising 9th grader or higher
- Must be currently enrolled in high school or at an accredited college/university
- Enthusiastic, positive, and outgoing personality.
- Interested in helping the local community by raising money for rare pediatric cancer research.
- Dependable, responsible, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
The ISF Volunteer Intern positions are non-paid but will be eligible for fulfilling service hours, great for resume/transcript building while increasing work experience. The application process for our Volunteer Interns will be open until Wednesday, May 21st: Please email resume (if applicable) and/or answers to the following questions to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include your contact information if only submitting responses.
- What grade will you be in the Fall? Which School?
- Why do you want to join ISF’s Summer Intern Teams?
- Have you ever been involved or volunteered with a non-profit?
- Are you able to commit a minimum of 10 hours a week to this role?
- Are you needing to get credit for service hours, want specific experience or just looking for something fun to do this summer?
- What area are you most interested in? Marketing, fundraising, social media, finance, outreach or just being part of a team
- Given our Intern Program will be in a team format, are you comfortable with friendly competition?
- Are you comfortable with fundraising?
ABOUT ISABELLA SANTOS FOUNDATION
The Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF) was established through Isabella’s parents to raise awareness and research funds for Neuroblastoma and received its 501(c)(3) status in 2009. It was Isabella’s dream to Beat Cancer, Grow Hair, and Live Her Dreams. Although research and advanced treatments didn’t come in time for her dreams to come true, her legacy is pushing us to give others a fighting chance against rare pediatric cancer. Learn more about ISF at www.isabellasantosfoundation.org.