It’s hard to believe, but this will be the fourth season of Isabella’s Dream Team. What started as a simple idea to introduce runners to this great Charlotte charity has become a movement. We are runners and run walkers that range from novice to competitive that believe in something that is much bigger than any single one of us. How can we make a difference right now for kids that are fighting cancer? We choose to define ourselves by our action and we want you to join us.
Our team has experienced tremendous growth over the past three seasons and we do not expect anything less in 2017.
2014: 25 participants raising $34,608
2015: 64 participants raising $114,479
2016: 150 participants raising $165,078
The passion that drives this team is something I never imagined. You see, I am one of many that never met Isabella. Most have only been introduced to her through pictures, stories and videos. I knew I wanted to get involved with this foundation when I watched a video and heard her tiny voice.
WHO ARE WE?
Isabella’s Dream Team is an endurance running program that raises money for The Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF), while training for half and full marathons. ISF is a Charlotte non-profit charity that raises money for Neuroblastoma research, as well as, supports our community (Community Blood Centers of the Carolinas, Levine Children’s Hospital, Make-A-Wish Central & Western NC & Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte).
We continue to be a grassroots effort, and look to grow our impact locally and expand into other communities. We are currently recruiting runners and run walkers to join our passionate team in Charlotte, and surrounding areas. If you are not local to Charlotte, join us virtually from your town, select your own race and still be a part of this wonderful cause.
The fundraising component is minimal compared to the larger charities that ask you to cover the difference if you do not meet the minimum. We simply ask each participant to commit to fundraising at least $500, but our hope is that each person will fundraise much more than that. We offer high end incentives that will run each month during the season to encourage everyone to raise the bar. In 2016, we were voted the Best Charity Program by Endurance Magazine.
Our target races this year: Isabella Santos Foundation 10K/5K for Kids Cancer (9/30), Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah (11/4) and Charlotte Marathon (11/11).
- New this year: Train with the team for the ISF 10K on Sept 30th.
- RnR Savannah offers a half and full marathon, and a half marathon relay (6-7 miles per person).
- Charlotte Marathon offers a half and full marathon, and a marathon relay (5 runners: 4-6 miles increments).
- New this year: “One to run. One for fun.” challenge to run back to back half marathons in Savannah & Charlotte. $1,000 minimum fundraising commitment comes with swag bag filled with lots of goodies.
- We’ve had teammates in the past run: Chicago Marathon, Marine Corps Marathon, New York City Marathon, and numerous others as part of our team. It’s your choice what race you’d like to do, and we could always adjust the training schedule to match your race.
WHAT WE PROVIDE?
- Training schedules (10K, half, half marathon relay, marathon & marathon relay) – training starts the week of July 10th.
- Team swag
- Weekend long runs, weekday run options
HOW TO JOIN THE TEAM?
- Email Coach Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your First Giving fundraising page: 2017 Isabella’s Dream Team
- $500 commitment for 10K, half or full marathon.
- $1,000 commitment for the “One to run. One for fun.” back-to-back challenge.
- Register for your race and distance
- Recruit your friends, family, coworkers to join via social media and let them know you just joined #isabellasdreamteam
Our goal this year: 200 participants raising $200,000.
Training starts July 10th.
Are you in?