Originally published on Charlotte Business Journal
For more than 20 years, the Charlotte Business Journal has recognized outstanding local businesswomen through the Women in Business Achievement Awards program — and the time has come to reveal our 2019 honorees.
This signature awards program recognizes 25 female business leaders in the Charlotte region who’ve made significant contributions to their companies, industries and communities over the previous year.
A Lifetime Achievement Award honoree will be announced in the days to come. She will be someone who’s made an impact over the course of a distinguished career, joining past recipients such as Susan DeVore of Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) and Cathy Bessant of Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC).
CBJ will honor the members of the 2019 class at an awards event Feb. 25. As was the case last year, that program will take place in tandem with our Bizwomen Mentoring Monday event, which offers brief, one-on-one coaching sessions and networking opportunities. A cocktail hour, seated dinner and awards presentation will follow.
Each honoree has been asked to share a yearbook photo of herself and to consider this question: “What were you thinking at that moment when the photo was taken, and what advice would you give her today?” Those responses will be part of the program.
The honorees also will be profiled in a CBJ special report Feb. 15, with additional coverage and photos to come after the awards presentation.
Check out last year’s special section here to learn more about the program, and check out the photo gallery below for scenes from the 2018 event.
Congratulations to the 2019 winners:
- Zelleka Biermann, city of Charlotte
- Sarah Taylor Brigham, Sycamore Brewing
- Tina Craft, Albemarle Corp.
- Ruby DuBay, Blythe Construction
- Caroline Dudley, Accenture
- Carla Eustache, Style Perfect Events
- Jada Grandy-Mock, Fifth Third Bank
- Kim Henderson, Novant Health
- Diane Honeycutt, Team Honeycutt/Allen Tate Realtors and Cabarrus County commissioner
- Pat Jones, Carowinds
- Elizabeth Jordan, Deloitte
- Kathleen Kaney, Atrium Health
- Cathie McDonald, OrthoCarolina
- Rima Mehta, PNC Bank
- Kelly Necessary, Dixon Hughes Goodman
- Monika Nessbach, Designbar
- Diana Palecek, Fox Rothschild
- Scarlet Powell, Unified Technology Systems
- Kim Rock, EY
- Jane Rosaasen, Daimler Trucks North America
- Erin Santos, Isabella Santos Foundation
- Christine Steiner, Life’s Food
- Stephanie Titus, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Marcie Williams, RKW Residential
- Jane Wu, Panorama Holdings