ISF Summer Intern Program 2022, Application Process Now Open
Positions available: Intern Program Lead, Intern Program Volunteer
- Intern Lead- April 1st
- Intern Volunteer- June 1st
Are you a future leader looking to create change in our community this summer? Then apply to join our team of dedicated change makers!
The Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF) is dedicated to improving rare pediatric cancer treatment options in an effort to increase survival rates of kids with cancer. It was Isabella’s dream to Beat Cancer, Grow Hair, and Live Her Dreams. Although research and advanced treatments didn’t come in time for her dreams to come true, her legacy is pushing us to give others a fighting chance against rare pediatric cancer.
We are so excited for the 3rd Annual ISF Summer Intern Program, especially in light of our 15-year anniversary. Intern leads and volunteers will have the opportunity to learn about rare pediatric cancers, the art of fundraising, how a successful nonprofit is run, and leadership skills they can take with them wherever they go in life. ISF summer interns will hear firsthand from supporters, children with rare cancers, and business leaders how important creating change is not just for cancer families, but our community as a whole.
INTERN PROGRAM LEAD
The ISF Lead Intern position provides the opportunity for college students to learn the insides of a leading nonprofit organization and make significant contributions to help kids fighting cancer. The successful candidate will flourish in ISF’s fast-paced, team-oriented environment and will have the opportunity to learn more about management, marketing, fundraising and sales techniques, and operations. It also provides an opportunity to interact with some of Charlotte’s top non-profit leaders and experience the rewarding gratification of working with a local foundation.
- 2.5-month term, June 1 – Aug 10
- 20-25 hours per week
- Create, manage & lead a team of high school & college interns (goal 10)
- Bring fresh and new ideas to the table
- Attend in-person interactive weekly sessions in the Charlotte area
- Promote and market 5K Race to help increase registration & fundraising
- Produce appropriate and relevant content to use on multiple social media platforms
- Step outside of their comfort zone
- Be an advocate for ISF and pediatric cancer awareness
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university working toward a bachelor’s degree near the Charlotte region
- Live in Charlotte, NC this summer (be able to attend weekly meetings and events)
- Demonstrated leadership experience (preferred)
- Video editing skills (preferred)
- Graphic Design skills (preferred)
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Passionate about the mission of ISF and being involved in the community
- Strong team player, self-motivator, quick learner, and problem solver
The ISF Intern Lead is a paid position. If you are interested in joining the team, please complete the attached Google form application. Please reach out to the Intern Program Manager, Ashton Barlow, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
INTERN PROGRAM VOLUNTEER
Isabella Santos Foundation is looking for high school & college students to participate in our 2022 Summer Internship Program. This VOLUNTEER internship program provides students with a unique opportunity to learn and have hand-on experience in a leading Charlotte non-profit environment.
Participating interns will have the opportunity to work in a team-based environment with a primary goal of creating awareness & raising funds for rare pediatric cancer.
- Raise awareness through cancer education, ISF content & creative social content
- Engage supporters and increase race registration
- Create Peer to Peer fundraising Pages and help manage your team to do the same
- June 13 – Aug 8 program
- Min 10 hrs/week
- Attend all team meetings and events, communicate with your Lead if conflict
- Raise awareness for pediatric cancer through creative marketing, event promotion and fundraising
- Work in a team environment
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must be currently enrolled in high school or at an accredited college/university working toward a bachelor’s degree
- Enthusiastic, positive, and outgoing personality.
- Interested in helping the local community by raising money for rare pediatric cancer research.
- Dependable, responsible, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
The ISF Volunteer Intern positions on our Intern Teams are non-paid but they would be eligible for fulfilling service hours and increasing work experience. Please fill out the Intern google form application during this time frame. If you have any questions, please contact the Intern Program Manager, Ashton Barlow, at email@example.com.
Applicants will be contacted by program manager Ashton Barlow after application deadlines